Tuna & Asparagus Salad
Serves: 4 | Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 25 mins
175g/6oz quinoa, rinsed
8 quail eggs
6 sprays cooking oil spray
24 asparagus spears, woody stems discarded
4 tuna steaks, each weighing 100g/3 1/2oz
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tbsp white wine vinegar
1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
12 cherry tomatoes, halved
4 small spring onions, finely chopped, to garnish
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil and add the quinoa. Cook for 15-18 minutes, or just until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring a separate saucepan of water to the boil and add the eggs. Cook for 3 minutes, then drain and rinse in cold water to cool. When the eggs are cool enough to handle, peel and halve them.
- Place a ridged griddle plan over a high heat and spray with 2 sprays of cooking spray. Add the asparagus spears and cook, turning once, for 4 minutes, or until they are slightly charred and just tender.
- Spray the tuna steaks with the remaining cooking oil spray and cook in the pan for 1 1/2 minutes. Turn and cook for a further minute, or to your liking. Transfer to a plate and leave to rest for 2 minutes.
- Beat together the olive oil, vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Stir two thirds of this mixture into the quinoa.
- Cut each tuna steak into three pieces. Divide the quinoa between four serving plates and top evenly with the tuna pieces, asparagus, eggs and tomatoes. Drizzle the remaining dressing over the top and garnish with the spring onions.
Love the recipe? Get the book!